Cold Engine Starting Procedure
1. Toggle the ignition switch to the “ON” position and pull the choke lever out.
2. Lock the throttle in the start position by depressing the trigger (A) and trigger interlock (B) at the same time.
3. Depress and hold throttle lock button (C) while releasing the trigger and trigger interlock in succession.
4. Press decompression valve (D).
5. Open the water valve 1/4 turn.
6. Place the 613GC Cut-Off Saw on the ground making sure the chain is free of any obstructions.
7. Place right foot on the base of the rear handle.
8. Place left hand on front handle.
9. With right hand, slowly pull starter handle until the starter pawls engage.
10. Pull the starter cord (hard, fast, short pulls) until engine fires or “pops” – should be 1 to 7 pulls.
11. Push the choke lever in.
12. Check decompression valve. Press if necessary.
13. Pull the starter cord until engine starts – should be 1 to 2 pulls.
14. When the engine starts, allow the engine to idle. Pull on the throttle trigger several times to help warm up the engine.
15. Open the water valve completely.