Cold Engine Starting Procedure
- Toggle the ignition switch to the “ON” position and pull the choke lever out.
- Lock the throttle in the start position by depressing the trigger (A) and trigger interlock (B) at the same time.
- Depress and hold throttle lock button (C) while releasing the trigger and trigger interlock in succession.
- Press decompression valve (D).
- Open the water valve 1/4 turn.
- Place the 613GC Cut-Off Saw on the ground making sure the chain is free of any obstructions.
- Place right foot on the base of the rear handle.
- Place left hand on front handle.
- With right hand, slowly pull starter handle until the starter pawls engage.
- Pull the starter cord (hard, fast, short pulls) until engine fires or “pops” – should be 1 to 7 pulls.
- Push the choke lever in.
- Check decompression valve. Press if necessary.
- Pull the starter cord until engine starts – should be 1 to 2 pulls.
- When the engine starts, allow the engine to idle. Pull on the throttle trigger several times to help warm up the engine.
- Open the water valve completely.
Warm Engine Starting Procedure
- Use the same procedure as starting cold engine, but DO NOT pull choke lever out. If choke is used, the carburetor will flood with gas.
- If the engine does not start in 3 hard, fast pulls with the throttle locked, unlock the throttle and pull the starter cord 3 more times.
Note: To hold the trigger fully open it may be necessary to insert right foot into rear handle opening and twist.