FOR USE WITH PROPANE GAS ONLY
Max. gas supply pressure: Bottle pressure
Min. gas supply pressure: 5 PSIG
Manifold Pressure: 10 in. W.C.
Burner Port (Orifice) Size: 1.00 MM Drill – 18 Holes
Electrical input: 115v, 60 hz, 4a
Minimum Voltage: 100v
WARNING: IMPROPER USE OF THIS HEATER CAN RESULT IN SERIOUS BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE DUE TO HAZARDS OF FIRE OR EXPLOSION, CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING, BURN AND ELECTRICAL SHOCK.
DO NOT OPERATE THIS HEATER UNTIL YOU HAVE READ AND THOROUGHLY UNDERSTAND THE SAFETY AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS.
- Check heater thoroughly for damage. DO NOT operate a damaged heater.
- DO NOT modify heater or operate a heater that has been modified from its original conditions.
- USE only propane gas.
- USE only VAPOR WITHDRAWAL propane cylinders. (refer to NFPA Pamphlet 58 for guidance in storage and handling of propane supply.)
- MOUNT propane cylinders vertically (shutoff valve up). Secure them from falling and protect them from damage.
- LOCATE containers at least 7 ft. from heater and do not direct exhaust toward containers.
- USE only the hose and regulator assembly provided with heater. The hose assembly shall be protected from traffic, building materials and contact with hot surfaces both during use and while in storage.
- FOR indoor use only. Area must be well ventilated. Provide minimum openings of 2 sq. ft. near the floor and 2 sq. ft. near the ceiling.
- IF at any time gas odor is detected, IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE operation until the source of gas has been located and corrected.
- USE only in areas free of flammable vapor or high dust content. NEVER use where gasoline, paint thinner or other flammable vapors are present.
- MAINTAIN MINIMUM clearance from normal combustible materials as follows: floor, 0 ft; outlet, 6 ft; sides, 1 ft; top, 3 ft. Locate 10 ft from canvas tarpaulins or similar coverings and secure them to prevent flapping or movement due to wind action.
- OPERATE only on a stable, level surface.
- DO NOT use with ductwork. Do not restrict inlet or exit.
- USE only with electrical power specified.
- USE only a properly grounded 3-wire extension cord.
- DO NOT MOVE, HANDLE, OR SERVICE WHILE HOT OR BURNING.
- USE only in accordance with local codes.
- POSITION the heater properly before use as described under “Safety Precautions.”
- CONNECT the POL fitting of hose and regulator assembly to the propane cylinder by rotating POL nut counterclockwise into the propane cylinder’s valve outlet and securely tighten with a wrench.
- CONNECT the hose to the heater.
- SECURELY tighten all gas connections.
- OPEN the cylinder’s gas valve and check all gas connections with a soap and water solution. DO NOT USE A FLAME.
- CONNECT power cord to well-grounded 115v, 60Hz, 4a source of power.
- FULLY open the valve on the propane cylinder.
- TURN toggle swith on the heater to the “ON” position and heater will ignite.
- SECURELY close valve on propane cylinder.
- CONTINUE to operate heater until all fuel in the hose has burned.
- TURN thermostat off.
Restart after Safety Shutdown
- SECURELY close valve at propane cylinder.
- WAIT 5 minutes.
- RESTART following “Start” procedure.